Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th of July



4th of July has always been Tradition! I have lived in the valley of the sun for three 4th of July celebrations now and have always said I'd want to see a city like Chandler/Gilbert put on a fireworks display. Although I must say Show Low's has got way better. Anyhow the thought of missing the celebrations up north like the parade which is more about seeing everyone and hanging out at Tom's shop or going to the cul de sac by Roger and Andrea's to watch the fireworks saddens me. I wouldn't miss hanging out with my family, bbq and just kickin back with a cold cocktail.
And...this year we get to watch Kohan ride sheep! He is so excited. Amy and Brandon taught him to say he is 4 even though he isnt haha but he has to be to ride. And so tomorrow he gets to be center stage at the rodeo grounds. I swear Paige can definetely be an attention grabber cuz she is so stinkin adorable but Kohan knows how to command a room full of people already at the age of 3 and have you pay attention. He certainly has his mom's outgoing attitude.
So me and G.R. are off up north again for the 3rd weekend in a row. This summer has been insane for us! First I took a leave of Absence from UOP for the month of June and started with spending 10 days in Mexico for Brian and Chels' wedding. It was so relaxing but missed G and Dolce. Then the weekend I got back we went to Big Lake for the Hatch Family Reunion which was a blast. It was great to get out of the city and enjoy the fresh air and simplicity of the mountains. G.R. finally got me on a dirt bike after many years of asking me to learn and it was actually super fun-I didnt even wreck!. I finally feel like I'm getting my feet when it comes to being myself and being comfortable around his family. Only took me 4 years haha! But they are all awesome people and its amazing to me how such a big family stays so close and tight knit! Last weekend Brians wedding month continued for their Reception in Show Low and a big get together at my parents afterwards. And it still continues cuz me and G.R. just boarded the Vegas trip for next weekend to see them officially and legally marry at the drive in chapel! It's going to be super fun cuz it'll be the first time G.R. has been to vegas other than us going to drop a bike for Hacienda and my first time being in Vegas to truly appreciate it now that I'm finally 21. So stayed tuned for the fun stories from that trip!

No comments: