Thursday, April 29, 2010

This so called crazy life

Well here is to say you just never know what is going to happen in life. Last week Brandon, Amy's husband, got into a really bad accident down in Douglas and was air evacked down to Tucson. Luckily Ms. Breann was there to greet him and keep Amy updated and calm till she could make it down there. But he suffered many broken/fractured ribs, 10 brain hemorages, and was pretty bruised up. He spent about 5 days in ICU and then went to a rehab center down there in Tucson. He is doing much better now that he is at home, but still is suffering from poor vision, intense migraines, and can't do strenious activity for months. I feel so bad for him, but I know he is tough enough to get through this. So after one terrifying trip to to Tucson, one long week watching the kiddos, and another of helping Amy and Brandon get moved into their new house and unpack, I came to realize that life is very unpredictable. Life can change in an instant, and its sad that it takes something like this to realize it. I've been not myself for the last 5 months and I've come to realize that I miss my old cheerful, full of life personality. I used to feel like I could accomplish anything and was a pretty confident person. Instead I'm doubtful and self-conscious. I've come to the conclusion after hearing Brandon talk of how better things look(such as the sky being more blue, colors more vivid, how beautiful the scenery is) after you almost die that I need to change. He had a talk with me about life being too short to dwell on the past or things that we lose. He made me realize that in losing one thing, I have the potential to gain many others. Not only in careers, but in love and relationships as well. I think its finally high time I move on with my life and stop looking back. At least I know I'm capable of putting myself out there and risking it all. I know when the right person comes along all my sacrifices will be appreciated and that person will always put me first. I am grateful for all the life lessons learned the last five years, and I know now what it is that I want. So here is to the next chapter in my life, may it bring many opportunities, love, a family, and a wonderful career.

No comments: